Florida Personal Injury FAQsThe law is complicated and we know you have questions. We have listed the most common questions asked by our clients below. If you don’t find an answer here, then please feel free to contact us for assistance.
General Personal Injury Questions
- Do I have a case?
- How much is my case worth?
- How long does the process take?
- Can I just deal with the insurance company on my own?
- How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer in Florida?
- What documents should I bring with me when I meet with a lawyer?
- What else might my attorney need to know?
- What is the statute of limitations on my case?
- What is a deposition?
- Are there any costs not covered by my lawyer’s fee?
- What factors influence the value of my case?
- When will it be necessary to litigate my personal injury claim?
- More personal injury topics
- Keeping an Effective Personal Injury Journal
- How to Keep a Personal Injury Journal
- Case Value Factors to Know
Car Accident Claim Questions
- How can I prepare for a possible car accident?
- What should I do after a car accident?
- The insurance company sent me a check. Should I accept it?
- Didn’t Florida’s no-fault law expire?
- Can I still win an accident claim even if the accident was my fault?
Florida Motorcycle Accident Questions
- A car made a left turn in front of me and caused an accident. I was on a motorcycle. Who is at fault?
- What insurance should I have to protect my family if I am injured in a motorcycle accident?
- Does Florida have a helmet law?
- How is negligence proven in a motorcycle accident case?
- How Do Medical Bills and Lost Wages Affect a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Tractor Trailer Accident Questions
- How is a tractor-trailer accident case different from a car accident case?
- What exactly makes a truck a “commercial truck”?
- I was involved in a trucking accident in Florida, but I live in Georgia. Where do I file my claim?
- Do trucking companies have specific regulations that they have to follow?
- Who do I file my claim against, the trucking company or the driver?
Work Accident Questions
- Can I sue my employer if I get hurt at work?
- How long after an accident do I have to report it to my employer?
- When should my employer report the injury to their insurance company?
- Are employers in Florida required to carry workers’ comp insurance?
- My employer will not report my injury to the insurance company. What can I do?
- Can I use my regular doctor?
- Can’t I use my regular medical insurance instead?
- Will I be paid if I lose time from work?
- How much will I be paid?
- Do I have to pay income tax on this money?
- If I am unable to return to the type of work I did before I was injured, what can I do?
- If I settle my claim for medical benefits with the insurance company and my condition gets worse later, who pays for my future medical care, surgeries, etc?
- What can I do when it is difficult to get a prescription filled or I am having problems with the pharmacy where I get my workers’ compensation medication?
SSDI – Social Security Disability Questions
- My SSDI claim has been turned down! Can they do that?
- How do I get medical care while I am waiting on my claim?
- How much will my lawyer charge me?
- Will I loose my SSD if I go back to work?
- Do I need an attorney to get my benefits?
- How does the SSA define disability?
Slips, Trips and Falls Accident Questions
- What is a Slip and Fall Accident?
- How is a slip and fall case proven?
- Who can I hold responsible for a slip and fall accident?
- Can I sue my landlord for a slip, trip and fall injury?
- What should I do after a slip and fall accident?
Medical and Hospital Malpractice Questions
- What is medical malpractice?
- Do I need an attorney for my medical or hospital malpractice case?
- What sort of damages can I claim?
- Who can be sued for medical malpractice?
- Medical bill payment questions