What to Expect From the Initial Meeting With Your Jacksonville Injury Lawyer
You should expect to get answers to the majority of your questions regarding your personal injury at the initial meeting with your Jacksonville injury lawyer. Just as you will need to provide your lawyer with important information about the specific facts surrounding your claim, your lawyer will also provide you with important information and advise you on what you need to do to prepare to file a successful claim.
Below is a list of items your Jacksonville injury lawyer may advise you about your personal injury claim:
– If you have not already seen a doctor, your lawyer will be adamant about the importance of seeking proper medical attention from the right team of physicians specializing in the injuries you have suffered.
– Your lawyer will give you specific information about your rights with regards to not being able to work pending the healing of your injuries, especially if your doctor instructed you not to work.
– You will also need to take pictures of damages to any property or parts of your body to be used as evidence. Develop the pictures as soon as possible. You should provide your Jacksonville injury lawyer with a set of copies.
– You will be advised not to discuss the facts of your case with anyone.
– You will be advised not to provide recorded statements to the insurance company or the responsible party.
– You should get the contact information for any witnesses to the accident. Witnesses will be invaluable in proving your case.
– If the insurance company has contacted you, tell them that you are represented by an attorney and that they should direct all questions and inquiries to your Jacksonville injury lawyer.
– Do not miss any appointments with your attorney, and if you do, reschedule them as soon as possible.
– Continue with your medical treatment until your injuries are completely healed.
Contact Us for More Information
If you or a loved one has been in an accident and suffered personal injuries, call Jacksonville injury lawyer John Fagan at (904) 278-1000.