Weakening Your Personal Injury Case
During personal injury litigation, defense attorneys and insurance adjusters will try to take advantage of every possible weakness in the plaintiff’s case. That is why an Orange Park injury lawyer can be an invaluable tool in a claimant’s personal injury case.
Settling Your Case
- There are multiple ways your personal injury case can be settled.
- An insurance adjuster and your injury attorney can resolve the case together, which means that your lawyer can control any information sent to the adjuster.
- However, if you and your lawyer decide to file a suit, then a defense attorney can comb through all case evidence.
There are many types of evidence that a defense attorney can rifle through to uncover weaknesses in your personal injury case, such as:
- Medical examinations and/or releases
- Other documents
A defense attorney will look for any previous incidents that can be tied to your personal injury case, any history of criminal activity, and alcohol use before and during the incident. If there is anything that may damage your case, tell your Orange Park injury lawyer ahead of time to avoid weakening your case.
Weakening Your Case
- If you do not inform your injury attorney about anything that may compromise your case, your insurance adjuster will capitalize on these weaknesses to decrease the value of any future settlements.
- The greater the weakness, the greater the impact it will have on the settlement value.
Your personal injury case does not have to be perfect to reach a settlement, but you should always seek the advice of a knowledgeable Orange Park injury lawyer before letting an insurance adjuster exploit any possible weaknesses. Call attorney John Fagan today at (904) 278-1000.
This entry was posted in Personal Injury
. Bookmark the permalink