An Accident Attorney in Orange Park Explains How to Prepare for a Deposition
When preparing for a personal injury deposition, an accident attorney in Orange Park
can give you guidelines to follow to deliver smooth and effective testimony. He can also provide advice that can help you calm your nerves and present yourself in the best light.
An Accident Lawyer in Orange Park Provides Rules to Follow at Your Deposition
Your accident attorney in Orange Park will inform you of your deposition date, and give you plenty of time to prepare. In addition to your attorney’s deposition advice, keep the following points in mind when you are before the defense counsel.
- Dress professionally, as you would for a job interview.
- Read interrogatory questions and answers your lawyer gives to you thoroughly. Fully prepare for these and other questions before your deposition—preparation can only help your case.
- Always tell the whole truth and nothing but, even if it’s damaging. A lie won’t be overlooked, and can jeopardize your case.
- The defense lawyer might try to argue with you—don’t argue back. Stay calm and answer all questions politely.
- Think before speaking, always speak clearly, and don’t answer any questions until the defense has finished questioning. Answering more than is necessary or giving long, drawn-out answers will not benefit you.
- Don’t agree with the defense attorney because they are coaxing you to. Recognize when a defense attorney is trying to get you to agree with them, and don’t comply. Defense attorneys use questioning tricks to do this. A skilled accident attorney in Orange Park can advise you on what to expect.
Contact an Accident Lawyer in Orange Park
An experienced accident attorney in Orange Park can make sure that you’re fully prepared for your deposition, and that your testimony positively affects your case. Contact First Coast Accident Lawyers today to learn more: 904-278-1000.
This entry was posted in Personal Injury
. Bookmark the permalink